The Ukraine Crisis

I mean it was obvious they were doing cyber warfare as well, so what is the news?
well there's no clear enough proof before lol

For weeks after the outbreak of the war in Ukraine, American officials wondered about the weapon that seemed to be missing: Russia’s mighty cyberarsenal, which most experts expected would be used in the opening hours of an invasion to bring down Ukraine’s power grid, fry its cellphone system and cut off President Volodymyr Zelensky from the world.

None of that happened. But in a new study released Wednesday by Microsoft, it is now clear that Russia used its A-team of hackers to conduct hundreds of far more subtle attacks, many timed to coincide with incoming missile or ground attacks. And it turned out that, just as in the ground war, the Russians were less skillful, and the Ukrainians were better defenders, than most experts expected.

“They brought destructive efforts, they brought espionage efforts, they brought all their best actors to focus on this,” said Tom Burt, who oversees Microsoft’s investigations into the biggest and most complex cyberattacks that are visible through its global networks. But he also noted that while “they had some success,” the Russians were met with a robust defense from the Ukrainians that blocked some of the online attacks.

Saw a video on Ukraine's Combat Pilot "Ghost Of Kyiv"

I can't believe this is still going on I expected Russia to roll over Ukraine in a week.

I can't believe this is still going on I expected Russia to roll over Ukraine in a week.
It shows how poor of a state Russia’s military is in. They’re using 30+ year old radio encryption, reading road signs instead of maps/military GPS, using the elevator, getting their location revealed through dating apps. Like Jesus Christ Russia.

And though Russia's Air Force has great/excellent Fighter Planes like the Su-34s --they can strike targets as far as 600 miles away while carrying 12 tons of bombs and missiles, including air-to-air missiles.-- , they are forced to use dumb bombs and unguided bombs and rockets instead high precision bombs and air to ground missiles because they don't have them, because of the high costs of buying/making them + all the effects of foreign sanctions on Russian manufacturers of bombs and missiles. So their excellent fighter planes are at the mercy of really old weapons lol Su - 34 got shot down by Ukraine ground troops with just MANPADS because they had to fly super low and close to the ground targets to deliver the dumb bombs making them easy targets.

It shows how poor of a state Russia’s military is in. They’re using 30+ year old radio encryption, reading road signs instead of maps/military GPS, using the elevator, getting their location revealed through dating apps. Like Jesus Christ Russia.

You would still think their numbers would give them what they need to steam roll over a small country.

You would still think their numbers would give them what they need to steam roll over a small country.
Numbers don’t mean shit if your supply line is dogshit, which is one of Russia’s biggest problems. They have difficulty functioning far away from the literal supply trains.

They rely too much on the railways that they have difficulty doing shit away from them.

Numbers don’t mean shit if your supply line is dogshit, which is one of Russia’s biggest problems. They have difficulty functioning far away from the literal supply trains.

They rely too much on the railways that they have difficulty doing shit away from them.

I do recall their supply lines getting hit hard early in this conflict.

The little hero Dog Patron Just received a Medal lol nice:

It’s more of them being overly reliant on the railways for supplies, so when you get them away from the railway, they can’t get to their supplies.

One would think they could follow up with air support but I guess not. If not for the risk of Nuclear holocaust, russia would be in a lot of trouble.

Ukraine would the euro vision song contest last night, a show of support from Europe.

Also Read Putin might be ill with blood cancer.

Russian President Vladimir Putin is "seriously ill" and it is an "element" of what is happening in Ukraine, said a former British spy. "It's not clear exactly what this illness is - whether it's incurable or terminal, or whatever. But certainly, I think it's part of the equation," he said.

Christopher Steele, who wrote a dossier on Donald Trump and alleged Russian interference in the 2016 US election campaign, told Sky News: "Certainly, from what we're hearing from sources in Russia and elsewhere, is that Putin is, in fact, quite seriously ill."

Meanwhile, an oligarch with close ties to the Russian leader has reportedly been recorded as saying "Putin is very ill with blood cancer".

Back