Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

In a recent video, popular YouTube streamer Valkyrae gave fans some advice they probably did not want to hear. According to the streamer, those wanting to start streaming should not look at it as a primary source of income but rather as a hobby. “I’m telling you right now, don’t quit your job,” she warned. Valkyrae then went on to reveal the harsh reality of trying to break into professional streaming. She cautioned that anyone hoping to get famous quickly was in for a surprise, noting that it takes a very long time to make headway in the industry. “You have to do this for years and years and years and years,” she said in regards to streaming.

While Valkyrae explained the difficulties of starting out as a streamer, she offered some advice on improving the odds of success. First, she noted the importance of getting another job. According to the streamer, this allowed a person to have a stable source of income to support themselves while streaming. On top of this, she claimed that streaming to hardly any viewers would not get the job done. She pointed out that countless other people were trying to make it into the industry across all the streaming platforms as well.

Very true. But you never know, she might just not want the competition and when the market oversaturates then nobody is going to have big streams anymore. It just goes to show how self-centered people can be thinking streaming is the solution to their problems aka extrinsic goals.

Very true. But you never know, she might just not want the competition and when the market oversaturates then nobody is going to have big streams anymore. It just goes to show how self-centered people can be thinking streaming is the solution to their problems aka extrinsic goals.

If you got personality and a good backing already, go for it. Honestly, though, what are these streamers futures? Not all of them can make enough to secure their retirement.

This is very true. Hopefully, streaming websites can figure out a way to fairly pay and promote new up and coming talented streamers, so more streamers can earn a fair wage.

I guess streamers have the same issue as youtubers in the sense that it's virtually impossible to get noticed when you've got thousands of other people who probably have more resources than you trying to become successful in the same area.

I wonder how many streamers watch other streamers channel, and what percentage of Twitch and YouTube Live members go on the website to watch gaming streams for hours instead of mainly streaming their gameplay online on their own channel.

I think it may take some more time for many more average web users to regularly go on sites like Twitch to watch many streamers on a daily basis, so there are enough viewers for most streamers to get a larger amount of viewers for their stream.

The market is also oversaturated to be fair so I don't it makes a huge difference if a few more people start streaming. The majority of new streamers will struggle and that won't impact this streamer much.

Definitely. If you are doing streaming to make money and make a living, you won't be able to do it. You should only be streaming cause it is fun. You can't make that much money streaming.

The market is also oversaturated to be fair so I don't it makes a huge difference if a few more people start streaming. The majority of new streamers will struggle and that won't impact this streamer much.
Still sounds ironic if a big streamer tells you not to stream.

To make it though requires a god aweful amount of time sadly.

I feel if you have thousands of Twitter followers, Facebook friends, and people who know you in real life it may take less time to get more viewers if you tell everyone you know that you stream your gameplay on sites like Twitch.

I feel if you have thousands of Twitter followers, Facebook friends, and people who know you in real life it may take less time to get more viewers if you tell everyone you know that you stream your gameplay on sites like Twitch.
Oh the Facebook friends I might not want to see me stream because they are family. Twitter is another story.

As much as it is possible within time to make a living streaming, you should never go into streaming with the mentality you will make money or earn a living straight away.

It takes a lot of work and dedication to get to where you need to be and to the stage where you can safely say that what you make is feasible to live on.

Make it a goal to reach but never go into streaming believing you will make a living over night.

As much as it is possible within time to make a living streaming, you should never go into streaming with the mentality you will make money or earn a living straight away.

It takes a lot of work and dedication to get to where you need to be and to the stage where you can safely say that what you make is feasible to live on.

Make it a goal to reach but never go into streaming believing you will make a living over night.

This guy puts it to words perfectly:

People ask me all the time why I dont stream more or take it seriously....its more of a hobby for me and I definitely dont have the time to sit and grind.

Back