Spoiled the End?

McConnaughay

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits

Has anyone ever ruined the ending of a book for you?​

Did that make you not want to read it anymore?​

Would you read the book anyway if you knew what was going to happen?​

I had someone spoil the ending for me once. I was trying to read "Murder on the Orient Express" by Agatha Christie once and I had someone spoil the ending for me before I could finish it. I do hate it when someone spoils the ending of a book for me.

Had to be really careful when harry potter was first releasing new books, people really tried to spoil that.

When I was in a college class, the teacher had us read a book called Feed by Mira Grant. It was alright, I liked it, liked it enough to continue it. Then, we all were talking about it and she more or less unloaded everything that happened in the followup books like it was no big deal. Never finished the series after that.

I've had people accidentally talk about something not realizing I was reading a book or had it on my to-do list for reading. & then there were sometimes I accidentally spoiled it for myself by doing a bit of research & some sites didn't have the Spoiler warning. Do I still read it? It depends. If it sounded good, I will read it because there's gaps in there & I want to know HOW the ending occurred.

Had to be really careful when harry potter was first releasing new books, people really tried to spoil that.

I had a problem with that as well. When I got my hands on the final book (Deathly Hallows), I constantly walked around with my fingers in my ears.

I’m that weirdo that spoils things for myself and then continue reading it or whatever.

I actually enjoy trying to figure out how they got there through foreshadowing and if it was good.

I have friends that won't even dare trying to ruin a book for me. There is no point for them to make such an attempt at all.

Back