Everyone's Rival
Staff member
Awards
Credits
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
The LEGO Group and Epic Games today announced they are entering a long-term partnership to shape the future of the metaverse to make it safe and fun for children and families. The two companies will team up to build an immersive, creatively inspiring and engaging digital experience for kids of all ages to enjoy together.

The family-friendly digital experience will give kids access to tools that will empower them to become confident creators and deliver amazing play opportunities in a safe and positive space.

Source: LEGO partners with Epic Games

Good for the future of artists and allow for lifetimes of creative building. However, it's still in the Metaverse and if you have a decent PC you can build on stud-io anyways so I think that will be integrated into this new system. Hopefully no NFTs of builds or instructions to come.

A Lego metaverse sounds fun for people who enjoy Lego Building blocks, and building games like Minecraft.

A Lego metaverse sounds amazing. I remember they used to have an MMO that was in beta called Lego Universe (I think). Something like that again would be cool

A Lego metaverse sounds amazing. I remember they used to have an MMO that was in beta called Lego Universe (I think). Something like that again would be cool
I think I was turned away by the subscription. I was thinking the building would be more of a focus. I think it wouldn't be a far reach to look back at Lego Universe for inspiration though.

I wasn't aware of the subscription. I did some beta testing for it, which I got because I was receiving their free Lego magazine I think. My laptop did not handle it well though lol

I wasn't aware of the subscription. I did some beta testing for it, which I got because I was receiving their free Lego magazine I think. My laptop did not handle it well though lol
I had the magazine as well but I think my PC was too old for it anyways.

Yeah, I have no idea how I managed to play it on my laptop. I think it was freezing every time I walked a few meters lol

This sounds interesting. I'll have to tell my brother about this. He has a son that is a Lego fantatic.

Back