Censorship in Society

Jasony

Awards
Credits
Do you feel social media is unfairly censoring and banning people for certain opinions? I mean, some say this is just the tip of the iceberg with some claiming society has become like the book 1984 - where truth is in the hands of whoever rules business, government etc. Anyway, that's not saying people can't say what they want though, but that major media outlets are reluctant to give real freedom of speech.

Last edited:
You really can't police this in a fair way and there is no way to go about it without angering someone.

I think social network owners should have the right to remove posts which they feel is offensive to many of its users because the social network is a private company, so they should have the right to choose what posts they allow to be posted or not.

In a land of free speech and a system of networking involving places that do not include it's a darn shame. There should be order and sometimes it doesn't add up. US-owned companies that just profit on being one-sided have no reason to change so if you don't want to see it we as individuals need to censor others by mind and not action or just straight up block those channels.

It depends, some stuff that’s generally considered offensive I can understand to a degree, but I take issue when it’s sites that censor people because they don’t agree with their political leanings.

Back