Make you smarter?

Depends on what you read, reading NATOPS Flight manuals like this , will make you smarter

but reading Hentai comic PLOT books like this, won't make you smarter lol.
510PBQdzA8L._SX359_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I think reading can help people become smarter at making informed decisions if a person read a lot of trivia books, encyclopedia books, problem solving books, and self-help books with facts which are proven to be right.

Last edited:
When young then yes I do, but older when you're developed, it turns more into keeping the alzheimer away.

I think that reading can improve your vocabulary, if nothing else.

I think it also helps keep your mind sharp because you have to use your imagination instead of tv/movies doing all the work for you.

I think that reading can improve your vocabulary, if nothing else.

I think it also helps keep your mind sharp because you have to use your imagination instead of tv/movies doing all the work for you.

I can see that, but keeping your mind active keeps the horrible mental disorders at bay.

I think if you enjoy reading, it will make you happier which may make you more likely to live a healthier lifestyle by reading books on how to live a healthy life rather than feeling depress for most of the time, and doing more harmful activities like getting addicted to alcohol when someone is sad.

Hmm not particularly.
However, it will just expose you to various new words. So there is that... Apart from that...I don't think reading itself can make anyone smarter

I can see that, but keeping your mind active keeps the horrible mental disorders at bay.

I can see that. By keeping your mind active versus someone who doesn't read, it gives you a better chance of fighting that kind of stuff off.

I think if you enjoy reading, it will make you happier which may make you more likely to live a healthier lifestyle by reading books on how to live a healthy life rather than feeling depress for most of the time, and doing more harmful activities like getting addicted to alcohol when someone is sad.

Reading makes me happier, that's why I do it. Besides the entertainment value, reading helps me to reduce stress. Because I'm focused on the story within the book instead of whatever crap I had to deal with that day.

Hmm not particularly.
However, it will just expose you to various new words. So there is that... Apart from that...I don't think reading itself can make anyone smarter

Yeah, I can see that. The more you read, the more likely you are exposed to new words so you can expand your vocabulary. Maybe reading and adding more to your vocabulary helps ward off other things because you are learning new words through reading (even though you're not in school anymore).

Reading makes me happier, that's why I do it. Besides the entertainment value, reading helps me to reduce stress. Because I'm focused on the story within the book instead of whatever crap I had to deal with that day.

I agree reading can help me reduce stress.

I can see that. By keeping your mind active versus someone who doesn't read, it gives you a better chance of fighting that kind of stuff off.

Yeah, I can see that. The more you read, the more likely you are exposed to new words so you can expand your vocabulary. Maybe reading and adding more to your vocabulary helps ward off other things because you are learning new words through reading (even though you're not in school anymore).
Yup that's right.
It will even give you an insight of what's going on and how the words change.. Like abbreviations etc., Now I sound like a nerd -.-"
I am fine with being a nerd >>

I will say, having an expanded vocabulary doesn’t equate to being smarter. Since all of us here hang out on forums, I’m sure we’ve all seen on more than one occasion that guy who types up an 18 paragraph rant, threw in a few unorthodox words, and still said absolutely nothing.

Keeping the mind active & engaged can help one become smarter. When you are reading, you are learning something. I believe it also has other benefits of being a stress reliever & just helping the mood in general.

Yup that's right.
It will even give you an insight of what's going on and how the words change.. Like abbreviations etc., Now I sound like a nerd -.-"
I am fine with being a nerd >>

It's okay to be a nerd. I'm a nerd and I'm not afraid to admit it. We can be nerds together.

It's okay to be a nerd. I'm a nerd and I'm not afraid to admit it. We can be nerds together.
Haha... Sure.
However, I am not much of a gamer (_ _)/ . I am good with studies stuff, work stuff, I do watch anime... But when it comes to gaming... Well.. Let's just say... I am a newbie to gaming xD

Reading can help people apply themselves. But then there's me, reading mostly on my computer and if it is in book form I get tired of the information I put in and sometimes forget or get exhausted by it.

Back