Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Some prominent industry watchers hence opted to criticize Summer Game Fest over its lack of representation in the show's opening showcase held on June 8. One such perspective came from Cecilia D'Anastasio, a Bloomberg reporter and recipient of multiple awards honoring her coverage of sexual harassment at Riot Games and other influential investigative journalism efforts centered on the gaming industry. D'Anastasio today took to Twitter to express her surprise at the fact that Summer Game Fest 2023 featured "not a single woman on stage" across its two-hour runtime.

Hopefully, there will be more woman on stage at Summer Game Fest in the future, and Summer Game Fest.

So there are married women there?

52% of Switch owners are female. So they must really like life sims like Animal Crossing instead.

Keighley finally commented on this:

In an interview with CBC, event producer and host Keighley said Melanie Liburd, the actor who plays Alan Wake 2’s co-lead protagonist Saga Anderson, was due to take part in the show but ultimately couldn’t because of scheduling conflicts.

“I think generally we do a pretty good job with diversity in our shows. That was something that’s a fair flag,” he said. “We also want to be authentic to the games that are being presented on the show and the developers that are making them. So yeah, I think we’re conscious of it.”

Keighley finally commented on this:

In an interview with CBC, event producer and host Keighley said Melanie Liburd, the actor who plays Alan Wake 2’s co-lead protagonist Saga Anderson, was due to take part in the show but ultimately couldn’t because of scheduling conflicts.

“I think generally we do a pretty good job with diversity in our shows. That was something that’s a fair flag,” he said. “We also want to be authentic to the games that are being presented on the show and the developers that are making them. So yeah, I think we’re conscious of it.”
So, they are pinning it on scheduling conflicts to be the reason why ladies didn't show up or what?

Back