Just bought some new PC components

Read latest rumors from techraptor on one of the the GPUs (either RTX 5080 or 5070) that I am planning to get for my "Tifa Inside PLOT"tm lol Gaming PC, hopefully the price will be better than the RTX 40 series :

New rumors have emerged concerning the possible RTX 5080 graphics card, with Twitter / X tech leaker AGF stating that “GB203 is close to AD102 in raster and faster in RT.” GB203 is the GPU die that will likely power the RTX 5080, which means that according to the report from PCGamesN, 5080 will be “even faster at processing realistic ray-traced lighting in games” than the 4090, though it’ll be about the same speed in terms of standard rasterization.

The leaker revealed more information about whether the overall performance for the 5080 would be better than the 4090. They stated that it “will depend on AMD competitiveness,” and that it’s “too early to say.” It also said that the top three Blackwell gaming cards would feature GDDR7 RAM, including the RTX 5080, which means you could expect some high-speed memory from those cards.

Currently, the RTX 4090 retails for $1,799 on Newegg but if these rumors are to be believed, then the RTX 5080 would have improved while being more affordable, since the ‘80’ designation is always cheaper than the ‘90’ designation.

The RTX 5080 could be a true performance juggernaut

Judging from all the rumors and leaks so far, we could be looking at seriously incredible high-end graphics cards. The RTX 5080 has been rumored to have a 384-bit bus. The card's bus width is important as it directly impacts what kind of resolution can be rendered in games efficiently.

For instance, a card with a 384-bus can handle 4K resolution while a 512-bus card should be able to handle up to 8K resolution easily. As you can tell, this is a massive boost from the current-gen which uses 192-bit and 256-bit which can handle 1440p textures and the bare minimum for 4K, respectively.

Not to mention the ray tracing potential.

Read the i9 cpus got major issues, good thing I bought the i7. intel is pushing the i9 cpu too hard.

These issues have led South Korean gamers to return their PCs or get them exchanged with an alternative such as AMD Ryzen. Several OEMs and PC manufacturers have said that gamers are returning their PCs and that this has led them to face partial losses in their business. It is reported that more than 10 gamers are returning an Intel 13th & 14th Gen CPU or PC every day and citing similar concerns with gaming stability.

In a response to ZDNet Korea, Intel stated that it was aware of the issue and currently investigating it but it might be too little too late if gamers have already started to make returns.

We faced similar issues that we had highlighted and that's a chip that simply pushes the envelope so much that stability is the least concern for itself. It's a hardcore chip for tuners and that's about it. For gamers, it's best to stick with Core i5 or Core i7 models.

Last edited:
Stronger is not always better.
Indeed this. And almost all modern Games do not take advantage of more than 10-12 cores anyway.
Eight cores give you plenty of room already in truth.

It's better to invest in the GPU rather than CPU, for gaming.

Attachments

• Cpus.jpg
    Cpus.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back