First Person vs. Third-Person

McConnaughay

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits

Do you have a preference on whether a story is written in first-person or third-person? Would either writing style dissuade you from reading the story? Why or why not?​

Third-person narratives are my jam. I would hate to think what the main characters think sometimes.

I do not care if a story is first or third person. I mainly care if the story is good.

As a writer myself, I want to read books written in Third person. It help to reduce the biased mindset that will come with it when reading.

As a writer myself, I want to read books written in Third person. It help to reduce the biased mindset that will come with it when reading.
I was told that myself by someone else when I was writing reviews. I think the misconception is if you read something in the first person it wears one you as you read it.

I was told that myself by someone else when I was writing reviews. I think the misconception is if you read something in the first person it wears one you as you read it.

It is all about what you, the reader thinks. There are people that don't even care about these things. I care because I write too.

Not really.
As long as the story is good, I don't really care how the story gets narrated

I have read as well as written in first & third person. For writing, it depends on what I’m writing about. Sometimes it’s easier to get a different perspective when it’s not the first person.

I have read as well as written in first & third person. For writing, it depends on what I’m writing about. Sometimes it’s easier to get a different perspective when it’s not the first person.

This is correct. It is easier to write as the third person as it takes the heat off you.

As far as it's in books, it's doesn't matter. But in games, it surely does.

Back