Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
President Joe Biden on Monday signed into law a $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure package and marked the major legislative victory at a White House event with lawmakers from both parties.

The legislation will deliver $550 billion of new federal investments in America's infrastructure over five years, including money for roads, bridges, mass transit, rail, airports, ports and waterways. The package includes a $65 billion investment in improving the nation's broadband infrastructure and invests tens of billions of dollars in improving the electric grid and water systems. Another $7.5 billion would go to building a nationwide network of plug-in electric vehicle chargers, according to the bill text.

The bill, first passed by the Senate in a 69 to 30 vote in August, was ultimately passed by the House, including 13 Republican lawmakers, on November 5.

Congress returned to Washington Monday after a weeklong recess to a bevy of critical issues before the holidays, including passing Biden's broader economic and climate agenda, funding the government before a December 3 deadline, and raising the debt limit.

The signing ceremony marked a rare bipartisan gathering, with state and local officials attending from both sides of the aisle.

Finally! For us down here in Texas I'm excited to learn that our power grid will be improved and the bullet train project will be back in progress. I would LOVE to be able to travel within an hour as opposed to hours from city to city.

I hope this infrastructure bill can improve many people lives with better roads, internet, electricity, and transportation.

Sadly our country has learned to continue to function under debt like many American households.

I just hope the money turns into real results. Our infrastructure needs a huge boost, but it seems like they all too often forget to reform the bidding processes and terrible mismanagement of money before dumping huge piles of cash into the system to be wasted.

I just hope the money turns into real results. Our infrastructure needs a huge boost, but it seems like they all too often forget to reform the bidding processes and terrible mismanagement of money before dumping huge piles of cash into the system to be wasted.

This, I'm sure though someone will take some of that cash flow for their own.

The climate agenda is useless if on the other side of the globe there is no enforcement of it in China. Have a backbone for once. Way too many double standards to actually try and prove a point. There are a lot of businesses looking for better things for our common good. However, that should be common knowledge and we need to cover things like equal say in politics online, transparent voting, and counting votes. Unfortunately, all this excessive spending just shows with great authority comes forced responsibility.

The climate agenda is useless if on the other side of the globe there is no enforcement of it in China. Have a backbone for once. Way too many double standards to actually try and prove a point. There are a lot of businesses looking for better things for our common good. However, that should be common knowledge and we need to cover things like equal say in politics online, transparent voting, and counting votes. Unfortunately, all this excessive spending just shows with great authority comes forced responsibility.

Not just china with other countries as well.

Back